Tuesday, March 22, 2016

My Favorites: A Post About Vegan Alternatives

Kite Hill
As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm never afraid to try new vegan food. After a little over one year of making the lifestyle change, I have discovered tons of new favorites.


Favorite Vegan Yogurt: Kite Hill 
Runner Up: Daiya and Nancy's Cultured Soy 
Why: Kite Hill is inexpensive, while also having the greatest texture and flavor I have found in a vegan yogurt. I have tried peach, strawberry, vanilla, and blueberry - none of the flavors disappoint!

Image result for daiya
Daiya
   

Favorite Cheese: Daiya
Runner Up: (I haven't tried enough brands to find a second favorite to Daiya - it's heavenly!) 
Why: Daiya is great on vegan pizzas, melted on sandwiches, folded into a quesadilla, or in any place that you would regularly use cheese. They sell both shreds and block cheeses.

Favorite Energy Bar: EcoTrek Bar
Hail Merry
Runner Up: SquareBar
Why: I tried this is an VeganCuts box and was beyond amazed. I was hesitant to read that it was a whole food bar - the bars from other brands that I had tried previously weren't very exciting. But, the second I bit into this EcoTrek Bar, I felt like I was eating a chocolate truffle!

Favorite Sweet: Hail Merry Macaroons 
Runner Up: Dandie's Marshmallows
Why: These Macaroons are raw, environmentally conscious, nutritious, and 100% animal friendly. I love the different flavors that they come in - but, I have to say that my favorite is the sea salt caramel. Yum!

Svelte
Favorite Protein Drink: Svelte
Runner Up: Orgain Vegan
Why: These drinks are perfect for on-the-go or pre-or-post workout snacks. They are fairly inexpensive and come in several, delicious flavors.

Favorite Supplement: Vega 
Runner Up: Aloha 
Why: I love adding a scoop of mouth-watering Vega into my smoothies or shakes for added protein and nutrient boost. Vega can be bought in large quantities or in small single-serving portions.

Vega
Favorite Tofu: Nasoya
Runner Up: Trader Joe's 
Why: I love both the fresh and baked versions of Nasoya Tofu. It's great as a snack, part of a lunch, or chopped up with veggies! Another plus: it's organic and inexpensive.


Favorite Over-All Grocery: Whole Foods
Runners Up: Fresh Thyme and Trader Joes
Why: Whole Foods supplies many vegans with innovative and independent companies that create healthful and delicious products. I always look forward to seeing what new creations they have in store!

Favorite Affordable Grocery: Fresh Thyme 
Runner Up: Trader Joes
Why: Fresh Thyme is a fairly inexpensive and healthful grocery store. They have large organic produce selections, along with many vegan non-dairy and meatless alternatives. I also love their bulk section, where you can find low-priced nuts, seeds, grains, and more!
Ben and Jerry's 

Favorite Ice Cream: Ben and Jerry's Non-Dairy
Runner Up: So Delicious
Why: I was thrilled to see that my favorite ice-cream brand in my pre-vegan days came out with delicious alternatives! Made with fresh almond milk, Ben and Jerry's four vegan flavors are scrumptious. Trust me, it was difficult to not devour an entire pint at once.

Favorite Healthy Ice Cream: Wink 
Sweet Earth Foods
Runner Up: 'Cado
Why: I could not believe my eyes when I saw that Wink's delicious pints hold only 100 calories.The ice-cream is allergen-free and naturally sweetened, creating a light, flavorful treat!

Favorite Veggie Burger: Sweet Earth Foods
Runner Up: Hillary's 
Why: Sweet Earth Foods create limited-ingredient veggie burgers that are made with whole foods and other nutritious finds. They are incredibly flavorful and nutritious and delicious to throw on the grill for that summer barbecue!


Lenny and Larry's
 Favorite Cookie: Lenny and Larry's 
Runner Up: Lucy's
Why: Lenny and Larry's complete cookies are not only egg and dairy-free, they are non-GMO, all-natural and protein packed! Each cookie totals in with 16g of protein and 8g of fiber. They taste like soft, home-baked cookies, and are full of flavor!





Rice Dream

Favorite Milk Brand: Rice Dream
Runner Up: So Delicious
Why: Organic, non-GMO, Rice Dream has many flavors and variations, such as vanilla, sprouted, and unsweetened. They are packed with nutrition and are great over a bowl of granola, dipped with cookies, or any other way you would regularly use milk!


Disclaimer: I was in no way endorsed by these companies - all opinions are honest and my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment